[Hampshire] Debian Testing i386 Latest Release

Author: Phillip Chandler
To: Hampshire LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian Testing i386 Latest Release
Hi Everyone. Hi Becky Welcome to the list.

Ive just installed the latest Debian Testing (Gnome based). Everything
has so far gone well. They have even sorted out the bug that crashed
everytime you wanted to connect to an SMB folder.

My wireless network card is natively found (Belkin F5D7010 Ver 7). I
installed wicd through synaptic after adding it to my sources list.

My problem is that my wpa2 wireless router isnt showing up. Ive got
wpa_supplicant installed, and wicd uses wext by default as the wpa
supplicant driver. Ive gone through the list and selected all the other
options, but my router still doesnt show up.

Any ideas or sugguestions you may have will help. This is where you
suggest somethng that I forgot to install, and feel daft for asking.

Phillip Chandler
phillip.chandler@???
Mobile : 07934 481172
Voip : 01635 767075