Re: [Hampshire] Music software Recommendations

Author: Jon Wilks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Music software Recommendations
I have recently been getting my head around music software and have
had much success but after some work. Linux format magazine has run
some very good articles on setting up sound cards, jackd and midi. I
urge you to check out a back issue or two as I found jack in
particular was a nightmare until I read Daniel James' article on
Ardour in issue 102 (Feb 2008).

I must say that if you can get it all to work (and midi was
particulaly challenging) then it is very rewarding as I was able to
get some acceptable results with 64 Studio on an old second hand 2Ghz
laptop.

Jon Wilks.