Re: [Hampshire] Linux.Lion worm

Author: Alan Bell
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux.Lion worm
also a bit of a worry are the new little laptops which are almost
embedded devices, they tend to run everything as root. I have seen it
described as "a single user version of the secure Linux operating
system" worryingly they miss the point that the reason Linux/Unix is
secure is that it was designed from the ground up to be a multi-user
operating system and the actions of one user are not permitted to break
anything for another user.

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55