[Hampshire] [ADMIN] Talks for future meetings

Author: Edward Beckmann
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Talks for future meetings
Hi

I'd love to hear the desktop for Dad talk. Being one of the lower-tech
members what I would benefit from is the detail of things like 'just setting
up an SSH connection' etc, where my knowledge falls way short. I do
appreciate that I may be the minority in this one, but volunteer to document
the whole process from switch-on forwards, since it has such great potential
to introduce an affordable, managed system to new users.

Other than that, has anyone paused to analyse how they go about
fault-finding? For example, loads of decisions are made in a split-second
by experienced people, but there may be an underlying sequence that we could
discover / discuss / compare. For example car won't start - does the
ignition come one; does the starter go click; does it turnover; etc?

I can't offer knowledge for a talk I am afraid, but do offer the kind of
questions that goes right back to underlying assumptions.

Thanks

Ed