Re: [Hampshire] OT: Part-P rant

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: Part-P rant
2008/10/21 Steve Kemp <steve@???>:
> On Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 16:17:37 +0100, Philip Stubbs wrote:
>
>> I want to see the whole thing. Are you going to document the build?
>
> Once it is complete I'll probably put something together on my site:
>
>    http://www.steve.org.uk/docs/steam/

> I've got images of a couple of bits at the moment, but they're not
> collected or organised. Most of this is a learning process. I think
> the next job is to make a steam-powered paddle boat.
>
> If you like this kind of thing then this site will probably be
> either known to you, or amazingly cool:
>
>    http://www.crabfu.com/steamtoys/

I took my family to Hollycombe (http://www.hollycombe.co.uk/) a couple
of weeks ago. They have a few nights a year where they run the steam
fairground late, the lights and the steam are great in the dark. I can
highly recommend it! I'm not really a steam buff, but I can certainly
appreciate the work that has gone into restoring these fantastic
machines. Going to have to go back in the daylight some time to see
all the other engines running (just hope there are enough volunteers
available to run them!).

Rich