Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Ritchie
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
Dr Adam Trickett wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Oct 2008, Ritchie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You could always try booting from USB memory stick instead as a final
>> test. There is a fantastic program to make a memory stick bootable with
>> your choice of distro from:
>>
>> http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html
>>
>> It will put an ISO (or even download the latest distro for you) on a
>> memory stick and sort everything out for you. Just reboot and set your
>> BIOS to boot from USB and away you go. Also a lot quicker to boot than
>> DVD/CD :)
>>
>> Don't give up on ubuntu, or linux in general, it's far better than
>> "doze" anyday.
>>

> Welcome Ritchie!

Thanks Adam!

I'm looking forward to helping out (and being helped out!) when I get
some spare time! I'm also going to blog my ubuntu and eee pc experience
over the next couple of weeks, if nothing else so I have something to
refer back to when I forget how to do stuff! Might be of interest to
others as I often find the tools and techniques that others use to be
very interesting.

Do you have a random quote generator for your auto sig? If so where do I
get one?!

Ritchie