Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
Becky Taylor wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> The USB idea didn't work either.
> Maybe I've just been really unlucky and got a bad download, a bad CD,
> AND a bad laptop.
> Wow that WOULD be unlucky. But I suppose not entirely unlikely...
> (Going off subject a little) Nooooo how much longer will I have to use
> windows for the internet??? Agh the agony.
> I'd love a hackintosh with dual-boot linux. Then I could print, and be
> free of windows forever. (gazes longingly into distance)
> Oh well. The day will come.
>
> Anyway, I'll try and scrounge a live-boot CD from somewhere, of maybe
> buy one off a disc site, then I could order a few and try Debian,
> Fedora, etc. as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Becky

Did you get the same message when you tried the install? Is this when
you just try and boot up the "live cd / usb"?

If you are really impatient you could pop to your local 24 hour tesco
and grab linux format or linux user both of which will have a number of
live cd distros on them ;) I have more distros floating around than I
can shake a stick at since these mags seem to think you want another 5
to try every month, lol!