Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
Becky Taylor wrote:
> Hi Ritchie,
> The error message is I/O error: error reading boot CD, and then the
> 'reboot' button to reboot when using the CD, and when using the USB pen,
> it won't let me select any of the options; I can move with the arrow
> keys, but enter won't work.
> Thanks
> Becky
> PS how does everyone like my signature? I just made it :)

hmm, does sound like a problem with your download then. Can you check
the size of the stuff it put on your USB drive? Should be 740MB ish
(depending on the ISO you downloaded). If you have winrar or similar
installed you can check the ISO by trying to extract it to another place
on your hard drive... if it's got a problem it will fail to extract.

If it is a bad download you need to try it again or if you still want to
play tonight but are worried about download sizes you can use Damn Small
Linux (Adam pointed this one out to me the other day). It's only 50MB
and you can select it from that USB boot widget that you used earlier :)

Ritchie