Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems

Author: Ritchie
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu installing problems
Becky Taylor wrote:
> On 2008-10-21 22:38, Ritchie wrote:
>
> > hmm, does sound like a problem with your download then. Can you check
> > the size of the stuff it put on your USB drive? Should be 740MB ish
> Hello Ritchie,
> It's roughly 5.5 MB - probably was a bad download then. I probably won't
> try again tonight - I am going to the York Installfest at the weekend,
> so I might ask them to do it then.
> Thanks!
> Becky

Ah, yes you are about 681MB shy of the full ISO then, lol! Sounds like
good old download temp files problem. Often when you download something
and it sort of fails it creates a file anyway that isn;t complete but
when you try and download it again it thinks it's already there so
doesn;t actually do anything productive, lol.

I'm sure they will sort you out on your visit.

All the best

Ritchie