Re: [Hampshire] Remote voting at general meetings

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Remote voting at general meetings
Paul Stimpson wrote:
> I would propose that someone be appointed to keep emails expressing a vote including the headers. If there was a dispute the email could be produced along with the headers showing the IP address it was posted from and other headers were consistent with other messages from the person.

Fits the KISS principle :-)
[ It also has worked well for decades for usenet votes. ]

> What do you think?

An OTT solution would be to send a 'vote' email to each
member with a unique code.

They then reply back to the list and include thier code
in the message.

Upon dispute message headers and codes can be reconciled.
Or software can scan the addresses, codes and flag
any discrepancies.

IMHO this is overkill - but very easy to implement
especially if you have a machine accessible list archive.

Jacqui

(and Yes I am offering to write/provide the software to do this!)