Re: [Hampshire] Netbook excitement

Author: Charlie de Courcy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netbook excitement

Sean Gibbins said the following on 20/10/08 17:09:
> case of transposing it to upper case once the paramedics had passed me
> fit to return to the computer! Would have been nice to have a little
> note in the manual to that effect though, as surely someone at Acer knew
> about that.
>
> No, on the whole it is a nice little machine which is well suited to
> purpose. When I think what I paid for my Sharp Zaurus and what I got for
> that it brings all the little niggles associated with the Acer One into
> perspective.
>
> Sean
>

> Heh, that one got me too! I knew what I had typed in so it was merely a

I have discovered one more mild annoyance. The X server is opening up a
TCP port (6000) and presenting this port externally.

From research I see this can be disabled with the 'startx -- -nolisten
tcp' however I cannot find where startx is invoked?
I've edited /usr/bin/startx and changed a line to 'serverargs="-nolisten
tcp" but this doesn't appear to work.
I'm currently running 'grep -iR startx /etc' as my last hope option -
but understandably this is taking some time :)

Any ideas / recommendations on the best way to address this?

Thanks,
Charlie