Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Why I like Perl
On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 at 09:25:53AM +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> Steve Kemp wrote:
> > On Wed Oct 15, 2008 at 03:57:42 +0100, Damian Brasher wrote:
> >
> >> Llama is a must read though, now one of my favorite tech books of
> >> all time, Schwart, Pheonix & foy actually managed to make me laugh a
> >> few times just at the right time:) not sure who the funny one of the
> >> three is.
> >
> > Good book yes.
> >
> > If you've not already seen it then you might like:
> >
> >     http://www.perlmonks.org/

> Thanks - took a look and have created an account:)

Watch out the place is full of people asking a question and being
rude when they are given some help but politely told to also look
in the manual or a book. If you ask sensible questions and
enter into the spirit of the place it's a great forum.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Despite all its complexity, fuzziness, uncertainty and spooky action-
at-a-distance, quantum mechanics is probably a Good Thing.  However, I
must also note that QM permits Microsoft Windows to exist.
    -- John Walker