[Hampshire] BIOS password

Author: B STEVENS
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] BIOS password
I have an Acer Aspire 7720G and decided to set the supervisor password to protect the BIOS and guess what? The password doesn't work and I'm locked out of my laptop.

The manual actually states that the password is to protect the BIOS but when the laptop came out of "sleep mode", this password was required.

I was mildly surprised as I wasn't going to change the BIOS settings so I typed in the password. Didn't work. Tried it again in all caps. Didn't work. Tried some others (even though I knew they wouldn't work but hey, I'm getting desperate!) and they didn't work.

Seems I'm going to have to pay Currys to take my laptop, send it to Acer to get the password cleared and hope they don't trash my hard drives in the process.

I am in an absolute rage about this! If the password was only for the BIOS, there would be no problem... I might even take them to small claims court if I end up paying for it.

/sigh

Regards

Bryan