Re: [Hampshire] LDAP, Debian, PAM?

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LDAP, Debian, PAM?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58241100.hantslug.org.uk.27853': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 29 18:13:33 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:15:51PM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
>    pam_ldap is definitely doing something, even if it's not logging
> anything, as I get a load of debugging output from the slapd server
> when I try this, but I can't identify the useful information from
> it. Hence my request for advice on debugging.

I've got it working. I'm not 100% sure what the problem was, but I
*think* it was a spurious "md5" at the end of the pam_ldap line in
/etc/pam.d/common-password. That caused pam_ldap not to initialise
correctly, but didn't actually log that anything was wrong until I
tried changing a password.

Hugo.

    --- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that ---
               heralds new discoveries,  is not "Eureka!",
                          but "That's funny..."