Re: [Hampshire] Debian on Toshiba Laptops

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian on Toshiba Laptops
On 03/11/2008, Simon Capstick <simon@???> wrote:

> My experience of old laptops is that the heat sink can collect fluff
> becoming less efficient, requiring the fan more often or permanently.
> Forcing the fan off can then cause stability issues. Better to clear
> the fluff instead (which I never did).
>
> Simon C.

I have had it apart and cleaned it but it was not very dirty. I looked
at putting fresh heat transfer compound under the heat sink on the CPU
but never got that far.

Anyway I can now switch the main fan on using the command    'toshset
-fan high'  which makes the whole thing a lot cooler.

Clive Woodfine