[Hampshire] anyone know how to configure ratpoison?

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] anyone know how to configure ratpoison?
I run a media centre, but it runs on a normal TV so I have overscan to
ensure it fills the screen correctly.

I use Freevo and this has the ability to adjust the user interface so that
it brings the edges in to fit on the screen (overscan adjust).

I am trying to get firefox and thunderbird to run on the TV, however if I
simply start the application, the edges are off the edge of the TV screen,
and I cannot find the menus etc.

I have started using the ratpoison window manager[1], which is designed to
work without needing a mouse and has fixed areas where windows can be
deployed, but I cannot work out from the documentation how to configure it
correctly.

What I need is to create areas that represent my overscan, with one large
area in the middle that I can open firefox into, which will nicely fill
the visible screen.

If anyone has used it and knows how to configure it to do this, or has an
alternative solution, that would be great :D

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/