Re: [Hampshire] Wireless range

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless range
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:05:40 +0000
"Richard Danter" <radanter@???> wrote:

> > HomePlug via your electricity cables? We always use this around
> > the house, although I have a wireless router. The wireless is
> > used for guests or for setting wireless up to use elsewhere.
>
> HomePlug sounds like an interesting idea.

an interesting idea it has to remain for me as we have nowhere
near enough power outlets in our 1900 built house. Just to run our
'office' I have to use two 8way and one 4way extension leads to supply
all those power bricks etc from the two double wall sockets.

I have experimented with a Belkin WAP for my Asus Eepc 900 and whilst
I get a good signal in the office upstairs at the back of house,
downstairs at the front it is barely strong enough to use the browser.
Internal walls are solid brick and ceilings lath & plaster so I
guess this is cutting the signal down a lot.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop