Re: [Hampshire] Eee PC Login Woes

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Eee PC Login Woes
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 07:23:57PM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> http://eeepc.technoburger.net/password-recovery
>>
>> Not much point in having passwords when there is a back door, huh?
>>

> You can put a password on grub. You may be able to put one on the
> Eee PC's BIOS too.
>
> Won't stop people stealing the media of course. Encrypted
> filesystem may be going too far, and probably not possible with the
> supplied Xandros.

Encryption is possibly overkill in this instance, but I will look at the
options you outline above Andy, since that at least provides Ellie with
a means to stop people screwing around with her machine at college while
her back's turned.

Cheers,

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa