Re: [Hampshire] OLPC - The amazon Deal

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OLPC - The amazon Deal
Stephen Davies wrote:
> If you are tempted to buy one then just remember that you are going
> to have to stump up an extra £50.00 for delivery.
>
> IMHO, this is a bit steep and is well in excess of their normal
> stated rates.
>
> I was considering the offer but the delivery charge has made me
> think again. Sorta like those 'breakdown insurance
> policies/extended warranties' that cost 2/3 as much as the original
> item.

I noticed that also, and it stopped me in my tracks.
I am still considering, maybe reconsidering, I will think about it.

The post & packing cost might be high because amazon know they are
dealing with an olpc organisation which has shown itself to be
incompetent in matters relating to supply. (and in some other matters too)
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391