Re: [Hampshire] OLPC B1G1 - UK RIP Off.

Author: John Cooper
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OLPC B1G1 - UK RIP Off.
Stephen Davies wrote:
> The £50.00 is even worse thn I thought.
>
> 1) It is FAR above the standard Amazon shipping rates for something that
> size & weight
> 2) And even worse, AMAZON US shipps to people in the US of A FREE.
>
> Someone has commented to this on Groklaw earlier this afternoon. They
> are bang on.
>
> As was often quoted in 'The Office', "Are you having a laugh?"
> Taking the piss more like.
>
> I think they have definitely lost some sales from Hants LUG because of this.
>
> Stephen D

Perhaps part of the £50 is Amazon's fee and they want to encourage
multiple orders instead of shipping single units? Seems a stupid
strategy if so. I don't mind Amazon taking a small fee to cover costs
but £50 will loose many sales from ordinary households.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk