Re: [Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Long Life Netbook style device
2008/11/18 Andy Random <andy.random@???>:
> I've been resisting upgrading my 701, but I hadn't realised the battery
> life of the 901 is so significantly higher.

I've found that even the 701 and 900 can have dramatically improved
battery life if you install one of the newer BIOS updates. Some change
ASUS made to the ACPI tables I believe has extended the battery life
significantly.

The battery in my 900 used to die if left in suspend for ~8 hours, now
I can (if I choose) leave it in suspend for a whole weekend and it
still has power. Of course I appreciate you actually want to use it,
not leave it in suspend, I'm just citing this as one of the ways in
which the extended life can be observed.

Cheers,
Al.