Re: [Hampshire] mod_rewrite

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] mod_rewrite
Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:52:23 +0000, brian@??? said:
>

>> RewriteRule: cannot compile regular expression '^([^/\\]+)?/?$'
>>

> Sorry, I should have removed the backslash that was before the dot too:
>
> RewriteRule ^([^/]+)?/?$ user.php?username=$1 [L,QSA]

:-) That sort of worked but I just get a blank page with user not found
error, where as normally I get a full page so I'm guessing it's
stripping something off.

Guess I'll have to contact the support forum for the people who wrote
the software & ask them if they've got a work around as I don't really
know how it all works together and the php files are all Zend encoded :-/

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College