[Hampshire] PC turns itself off after a few minutes

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] PC turns itself off after a few minutes
Hi All,

I have a Pentium IV desktop PC from a recycle centre with an Asus
P4S8X motherboard that is acting up. What happens is that after
turning on, the POST completes and it starts loading the OS but then
turns itself off after a few minutes.

On boot up again, the PC boots into the BIOS where a message in red
says that the CPU Frequency was set incorrectly. It then gives me two
options - 2400 and Manual. Whichever I choose I get the same problem.

The PC had a broken 360W PSU which I replaced with a 300W unit. Could
the lower wattage be the cause of this?

Thanks,
Imran