Re: [Hampshire] Which Netbook?

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Netbook?
** Alastair Biggs <the_allymysta_uk@???> [2008-12-03 11:25]:
> > Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:52:37 +0000
> > From: radanter@???
> > To: hampshire@???
> > Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Which Netbook?
> >
> > Thanks all who replied. I was seriously considering the 901 and it is
> > good to hear such positive things about it. Just need to be really
> > sure it is what my wife wants because it would be an expensive mistake
> > if not!
> >
> > Thanks again!
> > Rich
>
> Advent 4211 sure it's running windows but it's a great piece of kit got one myself havent had any complaints with it so far

** end quote [Alastair Biggs]

If anyone is interested in an MSI Wind or variant thereof, I noted today
that Novatech have the genuine article (i.e. an MSI Wind badged as such)
for £270 bar the penny, which seems a pretty good price - although it
would seem MSI must have dropped the price as others are similarly low.
They have one on display and, although I couldn't play with it much, the
keyboard and screen looked pretty good. The strange partially usable,
partially locked grey Windows XP screen it was running didn't show it
off that well though, and I couldn't gauge how the lower resolution but
bigger screen would compare to my HP. It does come with the requirement
to reformat and put a usable OS on though ;)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: