Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 10: not at all glitch free audio

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 10: not at all glitch free audio
> When moving the mouse over icons in windows (particularly Dolphin) the
> machine becomes very busy (even with the Dolphin preview pane shut and all
> the window effects turned off.) The Xmms spectrum analyser freezes and if
> I pass over more than about 2 icons the pulseaudio output stops then
> restarts (I'm not hearing any bangs, pops or glitches). If I have the
> system monitor open the mouseovers up the CPU load by about 50%!!!
>
> The shutdown sound on KDE "comes in bits". No glitches but not continuous.

That is what I mean by "glitching", it stops and starts during playback. I
have the same issue with Amarok and any other audio that I play, certainly
during "startup" of the audio track.

There are other bugs against Pulse in bugzilla describing the icon
problems you describe with sound stopping and starting so maybe add you
symptoms and hardware to those?