Re: [Hampshire] Video compression

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Video compression

These are all standard def VHS recordings - youngest is only 5 years old but
the eldest is 20 years. Last time I played them, the quality was ok. The
older tapes were recorded from a UHF source, but everything 10 years or
younger would have come from digital. The content is sport so there is a
lot of movement (well some would probably argue with that but we have to
assume movement - to record in lossy compression would be a false economy).

Cheers
Rob