Re: [Hampshire] Recursive list of the filenames on a remote …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recursive list of the filenames on a remote ftp server

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56d5c100.hantslug.org.uk.6195': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 25 03:30:00 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi James,

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:05:51PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> I would like to get a list of all the filenames on a remote ftp server.

ftp> ls -lR

But I assume you have first looked at any possible way of not using
FTP at all..

Finally, a lot of public FTP servers have ls-lR files that contain
the output of that command periodically updated (and often
compressed), so you don't have to make them do it on demand.

Merry Christmas!
Andy