Re: [Hampshire] Anyone else having serious issues with Fedor…

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone else having serious issues with Fedora 10?
The Holy ettlz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've run into a number of kernel "recursive faults" on my notebook with
> F10 that I never experienced with F8 or F9. I suspect that this is
> something to do with the graphics code (and from what I understand
> there's still a lot of roadworks going on there) since on all occasions,
> I'd been using Xv-accelerated video playback (and using suspend/resume)
> on an Intel X3100 chipset.
>
> So I reckon something is amiss, perhaps either in DRI, GEM or X
> scribbling where it ought not. I've reported these bugs.
>
> James.

That is exactly the behaviour that I am seeing, I'm using the laptop as
a temporary media centre replacement as my via based machine died just
before Christmas, I can only watch about 1 video before it all dies
horribly, again with a X3100 chipset.

Do you have the bug numbers? I'll add myself to the cc list and comment
so they have more weight.