[Hampshire] HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Author: Benjamin Ashton
To: Hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Dear all at HLUG,

For those that remember, I asked you guys, well over a year ago, what you thought about my son John using Ubuntu.  Also, I attended a subsequent LUG Meeting.  Everyone, I remember, was very supportive.  THANKS :  I am glad to say that we did get a machine with Linux on it and it has been a very worthwhile experience for John and myself.  To be fair, John has had a love/hate relationship with Linux - depending on whether somethings working or not - but I'm sure you share that.  We've been enjoying Linux Format, which is pretty accessible to non-techies like myself.  The computer is now partitioned into about 8 segments and John prefers KDE to Gnome (I think that he finds KDE gloriously techie and least like Windows).

Anyhow, I have been vicariously listening in (emailing in?) to the LUG conversations.  I only understand about one-in-three words as the rest seems like strings of random letters.  Hope to contribute someday, or ask a question, possibly in about 5 years time when I know roughly what's going on.

Anyhow, thank you all for helping to open our eyes to a beautiful experience!

Ben  (+ John).