[Hampshire] ebay bargains (was: Re: S-Video)

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] ebay bargains (was: Re: S-Video)
B STEVENS wrote:
> I bought mine from ebay. It cost £4.48 (including postage) as opposed
> to the £79.99 from Currys.

Okay, with postage my ebay bargain doesn't look quite so good, but I got
a new Antec PSU to replace my daughter's noisy no-name effort in her
Antec case* for a penny!

A system builder was selling two, having replaced them with something
beefier for his customer, with one auctioned on one night the other on
the next night. I missed the one on the first night being outbid (£10.50
being the closing price IIRC), but the following night all the
competition had been crushed! <cue evil cackle>

Postage cost me £7.99, but given the weight, prompt dispatch and good
packaging I wasn't too upset!

Sean

* ebuyer replaced a faulty Antec PSU that was sold with the case with
this cruddy effort when I returned it - shoulda checked when it came
back I guess but I trusted them to replace like with like.

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa