[Hampshire] [hants] LCD display question...

Author: Isaac Close
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [hants] LCD display question...
Hi all,

Quick simple question, I've just purchased a nice lcd display for my machine. Only one issue, (and i've seen this lots of times in lots of places, yet never got round to learning what and why), why is the display sometimes 'stripey' ?

For example, if I have a console window open, (usually the effect is more visible with green/white text on a black background), most lines are fine, but some are more faint than others and the font isn't as sharp on some lines as it is on a CRT display.

My assumption is resolution, and that the lcd screen stretches/compresses the picture to fix the pixels. Is this the case ? If so, whats the best solution process ?

Do I really have to find out the actual resolution for the screen and match my Xorg resolution with that ?

many thanks for your time,

Isaac.