[Hampshire] Moving Thunderbird

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: [Hampshire] Moving Thunderbird
Hi,

I just installed Kubuntu Intrepid on my spare hard drive. I'm trying to move all my Thunderbird mailboxes and settings over from FC10. I copied the .thunderbird directory over by dragging it onto my Truecrypt-encrypted external drive then booted the Kubuntu drive and dragged the thunderbird directory into my home. I'm sure this is what I've done successfully in the past.

This time Thunderbird opens with the create account wizard and totally fails to acknowledge the contents of the .thunderbird directory. I've checked the ownership is right. Can anyone give me a hint as to what has gone wrong?

Thanks,
Paul.