Re: [Hampshire] Problems building new PC

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: paul, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Problems building new PC
2009/1/17 Paul Stimpson <paul@???>:
> Another thought going on from Gully's...
>
> Is there a 4-pin power cable for the mobo in addition to the big one? Have you connected it?
>
> Is the PSU man enough for the job?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul.
> Sent from my BlackBerry(R) wireless device
> --

Thanks for the suggestions:
@gully: yes I tried reseating things. Took out all the RAM to check
the POST complained (which it did).

@Paul: m/b is an Asus P5KPL-VM (Socket LGA775), I'll try clearing with
the battery still in if you can tell me why it might help! (the
instruction manual says take it out). The power connectors were
already connected in the bare bones case so it should be OK, but I'll
check it out, thanks.

What I'd like to know, if anyone can tell me, is whether getting to
the screen saying the RAM's OK and Press Del to enter Setup means the
processor is working OK? There's not some pre-boot processor or
anything is there?

TIA, Peter