Re: [Hampshire] language en_US.UTF-8 does not exist

Author: B STEVENS
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] language en_US.UTF-8 does not exist
sigh...

after literally spending hours scouring the 'net, i finally stumbled upon the "fix" for the problem.

at the login screen, there are 3 options... language, session and action. i selected language and there were 3 more options... last language, system default and english (uk).

i selected english (uk), logged in and was asked if i really wanted english (uk) as english (us) was the system default. i clicked yes and i no longer get the annoying message.

i must have tried half a dozen "solutions" i found in various forums and blogs, all to no avail and there was the answer staring me in the face!

the most irritating part of all this is that i distinctly remember selecting british english when i installed lenny.

double sigh...

thanks again to peter and graham for your responses.

regards

bryan