Re: [Hampshire] DVD remastering

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD remastering
Hugo Mills wrote:
>    All -

>    Is anyone aware of a tool that will read the contents of an DVD and
> write out, say, a dvdauthor XML configuration that represents that
> DVD? I don't want something which can copy DVDs verbatim -- I want
> something that will allow me to edit the DVD between reading it and
> writing it. For example -- back up a DVD, with its menus and chapter
> structure intact, but not take the pointless "extras" with it. (If I
> wanted to listen to someone talking over the top of the film, I'd go
> to the cinema...)

>    Hugo.

k9copy will do remastering without compressions etc. you can pick and
choose in a similar vein to dvdshrink on windows. I've not used it yet
only played with the options to see what is possible since moving over
to Linux and not wanting to go back to windows just to rip a DVD.

But it looks like it will do what you want.