[Hampshire] Evolution / Exchange - Missing messages

Author: Richard Danter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Evolution / Exchange - Missing messages
Hi all,

I am trying to use Evolution to get my mail from an Exchange server.
For a while all looked to be OK but this morning I noticed some mails
had vanished from my inbox. Looking via webmail and Outlook I can see
the messages are still on the server.

I have tried a re-sync, tried deleting the account and recreating it,
and a couple of other things but nothing seems to bring these messages
back.

Since the webmail interface is so slow and using Outlook means running
WinXP under VMware wasting lots of resources I would really like to
have Evolution work reliably. Anyone seen this kind of thing before
and know how to fix it and prevent it happening again?

I have thought of using other mail clients but I have to be able to
manage my diary too.

Thanks
Rich

--