[Hampshire] Mutt screen oddness

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Mutt screen oddness
Hi,

I've seen this strange behaviour has anyone else seen it and does
anyone know how to fix it?

1) On a Debian Lenny system (stock install) in a Qemu VM session I
SSH (via PuTTY) in and start screen.

2) The screen session starts one Bash shell and one Mutt session.

3) The mutt display and the bash session don't page properly,
altering the window size by just one column or line fixes the
problem.

4) Going back to the original size is okay.

My guess is that something in the terminal is off and changing the
window size fixes it. Any suggestions?

All the applications are default Debian Lenny, and I'm running the
Bash shell.

I can't test it from work but I think a plain Qemu session causes
the same display problem, but you can't resize a (virtual) real
console.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK