Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host…

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host names?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x577fd100.hantslug.org.uk.25388': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Feb 3 23:17:51 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 08:40:38PM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Chris Aitken wrote:
> >>
> > Secure Connection Failed
> >
> > carfax.org.uk uses an invalid security certificate.
> > The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
> > (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
> >
> > # This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could
> > be someone trying to impersonate the server.
> > # If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the
> > error may be temporary, and you can try again later.
> >
> > (WinXP SP2; Firefox 3.0.5).
> > Chris
> >

> It's because it's self-signed, so either add the exception and proceed
> or run away.

Actually, it's not self-signed. It's a CACert certificate. See [1]

> If you are concerned about this and want a 'proper' certificate you will
> need to pay for it.

I didn't pay anything for it. :)

Hugo.

[1] http://www.cacert.org/

         --- Nothing right in my left brain. Nothing left in ---
                             my right brain.