Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] home self signed ssl cert with multiple host names?
Chris Aitken wrote:
>> What I got yesterday was not one of FFs OK/Cancel boxes. It ws a full
>> page error (much like a 404). Hugo's pages seem to be working now.
>>

> Scrub that - it's obviously FF3s way of dealing with unknown certs!
> Not what I was expecting in any case.

Yeah, it looks like a full blown calamity when it is actually a minor
kerfuffle.

I guess that way litigious types can't say that their savings were
stolen by scammers and it's all Firefox's fault for not putting a dire
warning up - hence the arse-covering comment in the earlier post.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa