[Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 £G modem

Author: john lewis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Acer Aspire One + Huawei E620 £G modem

as I mentioned a few days ago I got a couple of AA1 for family
members, one of these is intended to use with the 3G modem mentioned
above.

We have a problem in that although the AA1 seems to recognise the
modem it isn't connecting to the network.

It is setup to use DHCP but when I go into 'Connection Management'
highlight the 3G modem line and click on 'connect' nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to what to do will be helpful, the intended user of
the has only used M$Win before and expects to have to install a driver

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop