Re: [Hampshire] Drive Imaging

Author: Rik
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Drive Imaging

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 21:03 +0000, Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Sorry - but if a newbie question - but do people have a favourite
> drive imaging program?
>
> I'm looking for something to take an image of both my NASses (is that
> how to spell the plural?!) which can happily be Linux and one
> specifically for XP.
>
> As far as Linux is concerned - is this the sort of thing mkisofs was
> built for?
>
> Cheers
> Rob

mkisofs will make a ISO image of files (regardless of what they are).
Many of the hardcore Linux folk will cite DD, rsync and others - which
are excellent in their own way.

However, for a quick 'fix' similar to Ghost/Acronis/Others have a look
at 'Clonezilla' http://clonezilla.org/ The website and interface win no
awards for aesthetics but it works very well indeed.