[Hampshire] You win some, you loose some.

Author: Lisi
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] You win some, you loose some.
I have recently acquired a new client whose problems required a reinstall,
but he hadn't got any disks. I told him what I saw as the options and he
chose Linux. That evening he rang his son-in-law "who knows about
computers", and he rang me next day to say that he has decided that he would
rather buy XP. :-( But he had at least heard of Linux.

The same day I had a call from someone who has been using Linux happily for a
couple of years now. He has one or two problems that need sorting out - and
he wants to buy a laptop. The criteria are:

1) It must run Linux. That seemed to be the single most important thing! :-)
2) He wants to carry it around with him to do word processing and use a
spreadsheet when he is away from home.
3) As cheap as possible within those parameters.

But I had to ask him to get those last two criteria. The only thing that he
was most insistent on as being the brief was that it should run Linux! He
had seen Vista and was adamant that he did _not_ want to be landed with it.

Lisi