Re: [Hampshire] Drobo

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Drobo
Hi,

We have a 48TB Avid ISIS that does a similar thing (but with blades consisting of a linux board and 2 drives). You can't use different sized random drives but if a blade fails the data is spread randomly rather than being striped in the conventional sense so the rebuild is distributed and no individual resource gets hammered)

We're currently supporting 70 clients editing video in real time on the system. It uses gigE as the communication between blades within a crate and twin redundant 10gigE networks between the crates.

Cheers,
Paul.