Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Hard disk recovery

Author: Isaac Close
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Hard disk recovery

--- On Wed, 11/3/09, Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:

> I have a SATA hard disk from work which I would see if it
> can be recovered. Can
> anybody suggest any companies in the south that they would
> recommend please (I
> know it is not cheap but I have been asked to find out).
>
> For the record the disk did not show up on the PC, no
> lights, no spin up
> nothing, attached another sata hard disk to the PC and the
> PC saw the disk and
> was happy to use it.

A company i freelance to (the other side of the care park from my house) can do this (we get it a lot), they have some very expensive government forensic software that can get data back, and as is often the case send it to a clean room to remove the platter(s).

I can get a discount since i cleared a rootkit off there firewall
yesterday :-)

To be honest tho, i'd first try to find a matching disk and swap the boards over as mentioned by someone else.

You can contact me at isaac.close@??? if needs be.

Isaac.