Re: [Hampshire] iplayer and BBC licence fees (again)

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] iplayer and BBC licence fees (again)
> I have a tv set which is connected to a satellite dish and tuner and is
> capable of receiving only German tv. How does that fit into all this?
>
> Chris.

I *think* that this still requires a license. In the UK you need a license
to watch live TV, regardless of the source. I guess this would be similar
to what SKY wanted to do, which was not include any BBC TV and hence allow
it's subscribers not to pay a TV license fee.

It hasn't worked for SKY so I guess the same argument would be true for
German satellite TV, it isn't quite the same but I'm sure the TV licensing
people would say it was.