Re: [Hampshire] Local mail

Author: Leo
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Local mail
Aha! Part 1 solved after much more googling.
If anyone is interested: simply choose a new account in Thunderbird and
then select "Unix Mailspool (Movemail)" and follow the steps. You may
get a message box about permissions and changing /var/mail to be
accessible to everyone, when trying to get mail. I took the other
approach and added myself to the mail group (sudo usermod -a -G mail
username) as I thought this was more secure (is it?).

Leo