[Hampshire] [Advert] PC For Sale

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Dorset Linux Users Group, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [Advert] PC For Sale
Hi All,

My daughter has now migrated all of her data off of her desktop machine
and is looking to sell it in order to recoup some of the cost of her new
laptop.

This machine was built by me from branded, good quality components that
I can confirm are Linux-friendly [1] and in good working order. It is
fast, quiet, great looking and has a small footprint [2]. The case is
superbly engineered and a delight to work with despite its relatively
small size.

The motherboard will accept SATA hard drives but the Samsung IDE drive
that is currently in there is all but inaudible and I was loathe to
replace it. The combination of dual-core CPU, memory and graphics card
will happily handle eye-candy, virtual machines and multi-tasking.

Motherboard - mATX ASRock 775I65G R2.0 [3]
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 6420
Memory - 2 GB Crucial PC3200
Graphics Card - MSI nVidia NX7600 512Mb (Fanless)
Wireless NIC - Linksys WMP54G
Disk - Samsung 80GB IDE
Optical Drives - Sony DVD-RW/R
Case - mATX Antec NSK3400 + Antec 380W PSU

Ellie is looking for £150 for it. Prospective buyers are welcome to drop
by and have a play with it, and I may be able to bring it along to the
May meeting in So'ton, my wife's running commitments permitting.

All related enquiries *off-list* please.

Sean

[1] Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit detects all of the hardware and configures it
correctly - wifi works out of the box as does the graphics card.
[2] details here: www.antec.com/pdf/flyers/NSK3400_flyer_ec.pdf
[3] http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775I65G

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa