[Hampshire] Summer Job Offer

Author: raytracer
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Summer Job Offer
Hello All

Our company would like to employ two students over the summer vacation to help with a software project we are undertaking. The software will examine "black box" flight recordings taken from routine commercial flights to identify abnormal incidents that, while not unsafe in their own right, might indicate weaknesses in the aviation safety system. Our analysts then examine the incidents in detail to help airlines to improve flight safety. Our customers are based all over the world, from Phoenix to Macau and from Johannesburg to Helsinki.

This is cutting edge software technology using Agile development techniques. It uses the latest Web technologies, including JQuery, KML, WebDav, REST and JSon, and a wide selection of Open Source tools, from which we have selected Python as our primary development language so that we can participate in the Python community and use the wide range of Python libraries available. The end result will be a significant step ahead of the current workstation/C++ based systems.

Could you please let me know if there are any undergraduates who would be interested to join our team for a spell over the summer? The post would of course be temporary but would attract a salary and paid holiday.

Please reply off list.

Many Thanks
Ian