Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation on Virtualisation books

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation on Virtualisation books
At 13:28 13/04/2009, you wrote:
>2009/4/13 john lewis <johnlewis@???>:
> > *Sun version 'cos I've had module-mismatch errors trying to use the
> > Debian sid version. Everytime there is a kernel update (a fairly
> > frequent occurrence with sid) I'd get errors next time I tried to
> > start XP.
> >

>Have you got dkms installed? If so that should dynamically recompile
>the modules when a kernel update comes in, so you wouldn't have to
>worry about that.
>
> > I tried rebuilding the modules but to no avail so when a message popped
> > up saying Sun had an upgrade available to download I went for it.
> >

>The closed version (that you now have) also supports USB which the
>open one in the repo doesn't.

Is the closed version not free then?

I tried to get my palm TX to run in VMware via USB but VMware seems to go
through the host OS first which has a palm Treo 680 installed.
Windows the host OS doesn't like the palm TX as its got a palm Treo on it
already hence me trying to run XP in VMware to avoid the palm conflict.

Mickeysofts Virtual PC doesn't support USB at all

I was wondering if Suns VM works differently so theres no mismatch in
device drivers.

Martin N

Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.