Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday humor...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Friday humor...
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:55:12 +0100
Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:

> What does annoy me is that the screws in a flat pack kit often have
> different heads on. The will probably all be cross heads but some will
> be Phillips, and others will be Pozidrive. It would help if everybody
> would just use Torx.

It probably depends on who you buy from!

when we moved to Yeovil I bought 8 bookcases and two cd storage
cabinets from a shop with the same name as mine own.

They were delivered in a numerous very well wrapped packages and
once I had them open found clear instructions written in English, as
opposed to japlish, and several packs of KD fixings, hex head
screws, dowel pins and panel pins for fixing the back panels.

They provided a hex key in each box (but not a screwdriver or a
hammer) and whilst there were only the exact number of KD fixings
included, there were more screws and pins than actually needed in
each box, so had no worries about misplacing the odd one. There were
even surplus shelp support bits and bobs.

Assembly was very straigtforward and I had them all put together in one
morning. The hardest part was disposing of all the bubble wrap, foam
protection and flattened card board boxes which filled the back of my
V70.

It may help that I once worked (as a work study engineer) in a furniture
manufacturers so am well acquainted with the way furniture is put
together. This was quite a long time ago and 'knock down' furniture was
only just beginning to be used in the UK at that time.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop